Thursday 24 January 2013

These babies will get me to the Marathon Finish Line!

Yah... I got my new shoes this week!! And must thank my coach, Keegan, for sorting these out for me.... although am pretty sure you probably just picked the brightest pair you could find haha!

So surely, my runs should be perfect now and no pain or nout.... but unfortunately, although they are well better than my very old pair, they haven't magically made my runs easier. This past week has been probably my hardest week so far when it comes to motivation. Every day I have put on my shoes and done the training set out... but man, oh man, have they been my toughest runs. Keegan said to this, ' Two steps forward, one step back.' Definitely agree with that!

Although did find it funny that after one of my runs I discovered something on the bottom of my shoes (see below). So now I know they were definitely the perfect shoes for me eh!


This week on my day off I had an awesome catch up with my girlfriends in Auckland. Stayed at Tash & Mike's house after having a BBQ and reminiscing about school days - and laughing A LOT. Tash and Mike went to Nepal and did both Everest Base Camp and the Annapurna Circuit at the same time of year as I am going. So Tash was telling me all about things to be prepared for including the fact that Nepal doesn't have refrigeration. Her biggest tip for trying to avoid food poisoning is not to eat meat - NO meat whatsoever! Although she has told me of a place by the bungy in Kathmandu that has its own generator (in Nepal, power is turned off often during the day) and they do the best milkshakes. Will be visiting that cafe I think... especially since I am there at the start of monsoon season so 40 degrees heat and no ice cream? How will I survive hehe...

Will add here a congrats to Keegan who came 4th in the Challange Wanaka Ironman over the weekend. That is 3.8km swimming, 180km cycling, and 42.2km running (yes, a marathon too!). His athletes he coaches did awesome too, so I am definitely lucky to have him getting me ready for the marathon and Everest Base Camp.
.....But he does keep increasing my training so not really my favourite person at the moment!




No comments:

Post a Comment