Wednesday 2 January 2013

Happy New Year, Happy New Adventure 2013

Mount Maunganui beach on New Years Day

Ciao 2012, hellooooo 2013! There is something about the New Year. Suddenly (despite it just being another day, really) there are endless opportunities. Or maybe it is just relief to see a tough year gone & hope the next year will be easier....  who knows! 

I spent my New Year at Mount Maunganui (my favourite beach in the world!) at the Mangino's house :-) After a wee New Year's Eve Party and the youngins leaving to go downtown, Glenny, Spik, and I welcomed in the New Year with a few red wines - lovely!

Some Highlights:
  • Spik getting the BBQ out at 1am & sausages on the menu. Must say when the youngins started to trickle back you would've thought the BBQ was a McDonalds drive thru - they were sooo happy.
  • The next morning Sam taking a big gulp of her yummy OJ & discovering it had vodka mixed in it from the previous night.
  • My New Years Day walk along the beach. So much happening on that beach.. cricket, frisbee, surfing, boogie boarding, fish & chips, sunbathing, sandcastle making... the list goes on! I stumbled upon the 2013 in the picture above, but only noticed the jandals later - very Kiwi!
So a BIG thank you to Glenny & Spik (& family) for making my New Year special, & for the constant laughs! A thank you is also owed for helping to further inspire me when it comes to photography. I now have a lens to go with my Nikon SLR body (thanks owed there to Sandra & Graham!). After chatting to both Spik & Sandra I have learnt sooooo much about photography & all the fun that comes with it - watch out Himalayas, I'm gunna snap ya up! Hehe :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment