Monday 27 May 2013

Heat, Heat, GORGEOUS Heat!

Okay, so at the beginning of every blog entry I think I will make it a tradition that I talk about the weather haha... I mean really, 40 degrees with no air conditioning, no beach, and now no stream to swim in.

In my last blog I showed a picture of the stream we swim in which is two minutes from our home. After writing my last blog I went right home and said to Sanjiv, "Right, lets go swimming, I'm frikken melting!'  I had been thinking all day about that damn stream. Well, Sanjiv tells me that we no longer can swim there, and not even the locals are swimming there now. Apparently, the day we were swimming there, a crocodile showed up and now it is a no go zone! :-( How unlucky am I? And Sanjiv is adament that we will not be swimming there, no budging.

But wait, there's more. Also on this day the two wells that we have for water were BOTH broken! So no water either. Sanjiv's grandfather took the parts of the wells by bike to a local town and that evening we had water again but was torture. Now the wells are fixed when I got home from school today I was straight there pumping it then ducking under the cooool water, bliss!

My day at school was good today. I taught Grade 1 so children aged 6 years old. When I was asked if I would teach them the teachers were laughing and said they hoped I knew sign language. I wasn't so bad though. I had them for four lessons and did English, Maths, and Science with them. Teaching them subtraction was interesting. I had say 4 children stood at the front of the class, then would push one away and say '4 boys - 1 boy equals?' They loved it. But am shattered now. Trying to think of ways to communicate for 4 lessons used a lot of brain cells!

Eekk best get home before dinner is ready. Ohhhh guess what!? We have mango tree in our backyard! How awesome eh? They aren't ready yet but hope they are soon!! And a short bike ride away there is a lychee tree. Had one of the little boys with a stick hitting them down so I could eat them Nom nom...

Dal bhat time! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment