Thursday 25 April 2013

Embrace the Craziness

I leave for Nepal today!

Yup, the day has finally arrived. I am now all packed and mostly ready to go on my big adventure. Super, SUPER excited!

I think I have most things I need... when packing it was very much a matter of 'Do I want these because they're cute or because they're practical?' And in most cases, they weren't practical so they didn't get packed.

No matter what I do I will have have that feeling of 'I've forgotten something.' Technically I know what I have forgotten and that is EVERYTHING. Packing light is hard, but I am all done.

So now there is just getting to the airport and jumping on the plane.

It really doesn't feel real at the moment. For me, this is such a massive trip, so completely and totally out of my comfort zone. Really it is no wonder it doesn't feel real. All I have is excitement and an attitude that is summed up by advice from Tash, 'Embrace the craziness'. I know this is an adventure that many people only dream of doing, and I always thought I would be in that group of people too. Bring it on!

Before I finish this post, I must say thank you. So many friends and family (& even strangers) from all over the world have encouraged and supported me throughout my preparation for this trip. No achievement in life is done by yourself - there is always a team of people there helping. So thank you everyone, you all know who you are and how you have contributed.

So now all there is to say is namaskaar (Goodbye in Nepalese).

NAMASKAAR






No comments:

Post a Comment