Thursday 7 March 2013

Medical Kit. Check.

Part of my Medical Kit
Ahhhh... another thing I can tick off my very big To Do List.

I now have my medical kit for my Nepal adventure and well, if you happen to want heart surgery in the Himalayas I will probably have the stuff to do it - my pack is massive!!! Okay, maybe a slight exaggeration but there is a lot, and A LOT to remember about them all. I have a small book that has diagrams to follow with any symptoms, so I can figure out what antibiotics or medication is necessary. It also includes syringes and needles - just in case I'm in a slightly dodgy medical centre!

I got the kit today when at the doctors to get my last vaccinations. I could not recommend Welcome Bay Medical Clinic enough. I have now been there many times for many jabs and they are lovely - & incredibly knowledgeable.

And now as I write this blog entry I am an hour into not eating so I can take an oral vaccine. No food/water/etc for two hours prior and 1 hour post vaccine (Okay, not that long maybe haha). I am now trying to distract myself because all I can think about is food! Typical eh?! I can actually remember when I was little and doing the sponsored 40 hour famine (World Vision fundraiser). No eating for 40 hours except particular sweets & water. Halfway through the famine I was sat in the lounge when Mum walked in and exclaimed, 'What are you doing?!' I was sat on the sofa munching away on biscuits having completely forgotten about my famine! Best make sure I don't accidentally do that tonight.....


No comments:

Post a Comment