Sunday 23 December 2012

My Wee Adventure Begins Now

So… I have found myself back in New Zealand after many years in the UK. I needed to figure out how my story continued and found myself wanting to accomplish something. That something being trekking to Everest Base Camp – a dream I have had for a very long time but never truly believed I would (or could) get there.

Following my trek I will volunteer at an orphanage in Nepal for a month. During my stay I will live with a local Nepali family and be completely immersed in the Nepal way of life. I must say I find this part of my trip the most intimidating. Trekking to Everest Base Camp will be putting myself completely out of my comfort zone (I’m not much of a camper!); However, volunteering at the orphanage is completely foreign to me and I have no idea what to expect or what my reaction will be.

One more thing… Prior to jumping on a flight headed for Nepal, I will train to run in the Dual Marathon (on Rangitoto Island) – a more extreme form of ‘getting fit’ before the big trek but another goal on my ‘to do list’.
My trip is not for many months (I am currently in the proess of booking!) but my wee adventure has already begun because I started training for my marathon last week eekkk….

No comments:

Post a Comment